It's About You
Hi there! I'm Nick Kemp, and I have a few questions I'd like to ask you a few questions.
- Are you sick of the daily grind?
- Are you frustrated with your current work situation?
- Do you want to do something more than just working a job?
- Are you tired of chasing happiness - destination addiction?
- Are you wanting meaning and purpose out of life?
And are you sick & tired of:
- the online gurus
- the laptop lifestyle scam - don't work, but get paid overnight
- the "runs itself" drop shipping/Amazon business lies
Most of us are living lives of quiet desperation and frustration. And we have been brainwashed into thinking we'll find happiness in wealth, success and in the approval from others.
Then along comes a guru telling us we can have it all with little or no effort on our part. This is nonsense.
It's time to for a reality check!
A Little History
- I scraped through high school and felt I was a failure believing I had no future. My headmaster advised me to make my career as a waiter in a high class restaurant. I'd allowed myself to be defined by others and by my academic results, and it was soul crushing.
- In 1995, while studying hospitality I was awarded a one year cooking traineeship to Japan - my first taste of ikigai.
- Return to Japan in 1998.
- In 2004 I open my own school in Japan and created an English language product- another taste of ikigai. I turned the language product to downloadable mp3 format and started a podcast resulting in 3000+ copies being sold to date.
- Return to Australia in 2008.
- Since 2012 I have been helping many local and international business with their online marketing.
- From 2105 I started Ecommdo.com to help Amazon FBA sellers expand their business into Japan. I sold this business in early 2019.
Why am I sharing all this with you?
I think if you have some idea about who I am and what I have done you'll realise I am someone who doesn't just "talk the talk" - I actually "walk the walk". I don't advise or blog about things I don't have first hand experience with.
"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice" - Anton Chekhov
The above quote really rings true for me. If you are wanting to grow as an individual, find your ikigai or build an online business you have to action knowledge.
It's important that you understand I have tired many things and failed many times. I have suffered from "shinny object" syndrome repeatedly. I have undercharged clients to avoid uncomfortable conversations, gone out of my way to please clients believing it would lead to goodwill and even worked for free.
It has taken me many years, many failures, several successes and lots of experience to understand how to run an online business. More import than this I have found my ikigai (several times). And, I can help you find yours.
The Japanese word ikigai is often translated to 'your life purpose'. Ikigai can encompass your life purpose, but the word is usually used to indicate the things that make one’s life worthwhile.
On a deeper level ikigai refers to the emotional circumstances under which individuals feel that their lives are valuable as they move forward towards their goals.
Finding Ikigai is the processes of cultivating your inner potential as you actively pursue what you enjoy doing in service of your family, tribe and community via your life roles
Kokorozashi is concept that Japanese businessmen and entrepreneurs develop and nurture. You could think of kokorozashi as your personal mission — a business passion that occupies your thoughts on the weekend and makes you excited to wake up each morning. Finding it requires imagination, and realizing it requires awareness, leadership and determination.
Moai means "meeting for a common purpose" in Japanese.
In Okinawa, Japan, small social groups called “moai” are formed in order to provide members social, financial, and spiritual support and assistance with health problems.
Traditionally, groups of about five to seven young children were grouped together with the intention to create a lifelong circle of friends who would support each other into old age.
Today, Okinanwans who are part of a moai are more likely to liver longer, be happier and experience less daily stress. Moai members make a life long commitment to each other, to be there in good times and bad for each member.
If you are wanting to start your entrepreneurial journey and find your ikigai, then being part of this online moai will get you where you want to go faster. Ikigai is said to be contagious, and if you are part of a community of people living and sharing their ikigai, it will encourage and empower you to find yours.
While an online business offers freedom from the rat race, it can be isolating when you have few people to bounce ideas off, seek advice from and celebrate wins with.
Being part of an online community can give you the opportunity to connect, support and learn from other likeminded individuals, and help you fast track your success.
What is Ikigai Tribe?
Ikigai Tribe is your online moai, a membership offering video content, a members forum and personal coaching via private chat to help you:
- find your ikigai - meaning, purpose and joy in your daily life.
- pursue your kokorozashi - your personal mission in the form of an online business.